In Revelation chapter 2-3, Jesus speaks to the first Churches in history. He gives them rebuke, encouragement, time for repentance, promises, and an invitation to finish well. These chapters have got to be some of my favorites in the whole Bible. What the Lord said then to the Churches He is still saying to us today. This is true for the entire Bible as well, but were just looking at this chapter today.
Jesus gives us amazing, precious promises if we conquer. Meaning if we fight the good fight of faith and finish well, we will spend eternity with Him. That alone is an amazing promises, but we’re gonna look at the ones in Revelation 2-3.
1. “To the one who conquers I will grant to eat of the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.” 2:7
2. “The one who conquers will not be hurt by the second death.” 2:11
3. “To the one who conquers I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, with a new name written on the stone that no one knows except the one who receives it.” 2:17
4. “The one who conquers and who keeps my works until the end, to him I will give authority over the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron, as when earthen pots are broken in pieces, even as I myself have received authority from my Father.” 2:26-27
5. “The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments, and I will never blot his name out of the book of life. I will confess his name before my Father and before his angels.” 3:5
6. “The one who conquers, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God. Never shall he go out of it, and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down from my God out of heaven, and my own new name.” 3:12
7. “The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with Me on My throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne.” 3:21
Meditate on these promises that the Lord Jesus has promises His children. These promises are so precious, take time to thank the Lord for them.